Acupuncture, Tuina Massage, CranioSacral, Herbal Medicine
Shawn evaluates what is known today as the CranioSacral system, comprised of the bones of the cranium, the cervical, thoracic and lumbar spine as well as the sacrum. These bones protect the core of the CranioSacral system, i.e. the meningeal membranes and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) which surround and protect the brain and make up the spinal chord, also known as the dural tube. As blood pumps through the ventricles of the brain, CSF is made, which then lubricates the brain and creates a gentle ebb and flow of this fluid down the dural tube, which is in turn protected by the spinal column.
Elements of CranioSacral Therapy
• In evaluation and treatment, CST often uses a very light touch – typically around 5 grams of pressure
• Treat areas of the body either suffering from or causing – or both suffering from and causing – restricted CranioSacral flow.
• Treatment involves placing the hands around one or more of the bony cavities – i.e. the skull, thorax or pelvis – and following the facial tissues through their subtle movements to encourage the release of hindrances to proper CranioSacral rhythmic flow.
Goals Of CranioSacral Therapy
• To enhance the CranioSacral rhythm;
• Ensure the proper placement/movement of the cranial plates, dural tube and sacrum;
• Release soft tissue (myofascial) constraints along the dural tube or elsewhere in the body.
• To promote your body’s own healing process by enhancing and balancing the function of the CNS, the great regulator of our body.
Who Benefits From CST?
• Migraine Headaches
• Chronic Neck and Back Pain
• Motor-Coordination Impairments
• Central Nervous System Disorders
• Orthopedic Problems
• Traumatic Brain and Spinal Cord Injuries
• Infantile Disorders
• Learning Disabilities
• Chronic Fatigue
• Emotional Difficulties
• Stress and Tension-Related Problems
• Fibromyalgia and other Connective-Tissue Disorders
• Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ)
• Neurovascular or Immune Disorders
• Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
• Post-Surgical Dysfunction
Generally, following the insertion of Acupuncture needles Shawn continues with CranioSacral techniques, which can magnificently enhance the effect of the needles through the release of facial restrictions across the major bony cavities of the body: the skull, the ribcage / thorax, and the pelvis. The use of Acupuncture combined with CranioSacral Therapy is crucial as the latter relieves and gently nourishes the internal organs, which are intimately associated with your body’s channels or meridians. This provides for a more full and effortless communication among and between meridians and organs, benefiting your overall health immensely. Through this unique approach, his patients are transported to a place of deep healing and recovery from the myriad struggles and stressors of daily life.
For more information please visit: